Game On review

Hello bloggers, today I am going to review the video called ‘Game On’. Game on is a cyber-safety video resource to keep kids and teens aware of the many different types of cyber-problems, from cyber bulling to internet/computer addictions related to computers and laptops these days.

In this short 20-odd minute video, a bunch of teens come across many different cyber-safety problems. Dean and Joel are two gamers who are ‘addicted’ to a game called Star Warriors, a multiplayer online computer game. Joel and Dean would be addicted to the game for life without help from their parents. Bianca blames her friend, Claudia, that she posted a mean photo and captions without her permission, when, as it turns out, is someone else completely. Ryan is a dude who has found a website that sells the latest ringtones for free. He later finds out that his parents are paying $10 a week for the ringtones. Also, a kid named Olly posts pics of himself on an app that he later discovered is not good for keeping his personal information to himself.

I believe that this a very useful cyber-safety resource as…

1. Videos are very interactive compared to poster, posts or documents.
  2. The video shows many different types of cyber-problems like cyber-bulling, addictions and too-good-to-be-true offers.
  3. Finally, the video shows real life situations and dilemmas that kids and teens watching can relate to.

However, I also believe that the video still has room for improvement, such as…

1. Adding into more cyber related problems like scams or personal privacy
  2. The video needs more information on each topic.

So, if you are looking for a video with information on simple cyber safety, I recommend this video. I would rate this video 8/10.